Friday, August 3, 2012

We Have Ignition!

So, I've been debating with myself for the past few weeks whether or not I want to deal with a blog.  I've obviously decided to give it a go.  On the one hand, it could be nice to be able to post updates on my painting projects and Works In Progress.  On the other hand, it could just be one more thing to make time for, and at times (like trying to finish up my painting for Games Day) darn near impossible to make time for!  What can you expect?  Not much right away!  Over the next couple of weeks, I'll try to post some history stuff; past Armies on Parade entries, recent painting, and most importantly, my recent Silver Demon winning unit from North American Games Day 2012.  Beyond that, I'll be talking about and showing photos of my current painting projects, both my own and commission work.  I'll also be posting progress reports as I get ready for events I plan on attending.  If I can figure this whole blogging thing out enough, I'll also try to add in some "how to" type articles to help people get solid table top results on their miniatures in less time.  I often hear people lament that they are too slow at painting, or painting is too hard, I just want to play.  Well, I'm here to tell you that painting to a nice table top standard is not difficult once you know a few basic techniques, and more importantly, it does not take a great deal of time.  My army painting goal is to have finished models that take less than one hour each to paint.  If its taking longer than an hour to paint, then I'm using the wrong technique, or its a ridiculously difficult color scheme.  These days my "standard troop" models take me between 30 and 45 minutes each depending on what I am working on and win me painting awards at tournaments.  I'm supposed to be helping some local players with their painting next Monday night.  I'll let you know how it goes and we'll be off!

No comments:

Post a Comment