Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch!

The Demon army is assembled!  Whew!  I'm really looking forward to painting these models.  There will be so much variety and new things to try.  First I have to knock out a little commission work though.  A couple of days ago I started on 2 Ork Weirdboyz.  When they are finished, I need to paint Lysander of the Imperial Fists and some tactical marines to go along with him.  THEN I will get to shift my main focus to my Demons.....soon, very soon!  I should have some fresh paint jobs to show off soon though....and hopefully I can squeeze in a how-to article for painting something.  In the mean time, here's my Daemon Prince of Tzeentch.


I'm not to sure about the mohawk.  It's not what I originally intended; but it's how it ended up.  I may leave it in homage to the dreaded "Red Era" of Games Workshop when I first got involved with their games.  I'm quite pleased with the rest of the model and how the sculpting/conversion work turned out.  I'm looking forward to lots of color fades on him and painting some magical fireball goodness!


A little wych fire on the head of his staff.   I may do a little more work on the staff; filling it in some so it will look like a heavily carved wooden staff.  I have a little time to decide.


I thought about picking up some feathered wings to bring him more in line with the Lord of Change but didn't want to spend any more money on the army at this point.  I DID want to play up the "change" aspect of Tzeentch so I sculpted a few feathers on each wing; both inside and out.  You can also get a pretty good look at the trailing "tail" of the fireball he is throwing.  I was trying to add some motion to the model.  Not sure I pulled that off, but I'm happy with how it looks.  Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment